eAGLE INFORMATION & RESPONSE TO cORONAVIRUS
As your credit union, our top priority is providing accessibility to your funds and financial services while being mindful of the health of our members and employees. We are working hard to provide everyone the safest possible environment by regularly cleaning high touch surface areas, have made hand sanitizer openly available and actively promoting best practices recommended by the CDC. As more information becomes available regarding the Governmental and medical professional response to the COVID-19 outbreak we will strive to keep you, our members updated on the situation. We want to assure you that the credit union does have an operational pandemic response plan and is taking the necessary steps to maintain a safe working environment for both staff and members.
federal economic impact payments
The IRS is in the process of sending out the COVID-19 Economic Impact Payments to eligible members. The funds will be electronically credited to your account if you have previously filed and paid or received your prior years taxes electronically. You can check your Eagle CCU account via the credit unions app or online banking site at: www.eaglecu.org
Please do not call or come into one of our branches requesting information regarding the posting of these payments to your account.
For check deposits we encourage all members to use the credit union’s Remote Deposit feature available in the Eagle App. Using Remote Deposit is safe and secure, best of all it saves you a visit to the branch and is a good social distancing tool. Remember during the shelter at home order, only visit a branch if you have essential business that cannot be conducted electronically and please wear a face mask if visiting a branch.
Again, we request that you do not call the credit union regarding the status of any Economic Impact Payments as we do not have the information relating to how much, if any, or when the payments will be received. The payments will be posted to members accounts when received.
To determine if you are eligible to receive an Economic Impact Payment please visit the IRS website for complete information. Visit the IRS Website
Thank you for your cooperation.
Scott Rains, CEO
Eagle Community Credit Union
Eagle is here to assist you - Our Corporate office and Branch Locations are Open for Business
We request all members and visitors observe the following when visiting and conducting business:
- If you are ill or presenting COVID sysmptoms please do not enter a branch.
- Facemasks are required while inside the branch and conducting business.
- Maintain 6 feet of social distance.
- The number of members allowed in our branches will be limited to our ability to maintain safe social distancing.
New Branch Hours:
Anahiem, Garden Grove & Lake Forest Branches:
- Monday – Friday: 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Saturday: 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
City of Industry and Santa Ana Branches:
- Monday – Friday: 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
The Laguna Niguel Branch will temporarily be closed until further notice, the ATM at this site is still available for use.
Our Call Center Hours Will Remain the Same:
- Monday – Thursday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Saturday: 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Any future changes to our schedules will be immediately communicated to our member via e-mail, web and app notifications.
In an effort to further support our members, Eagle will waive all out-of-network ATM fees for members until 5/31/2020.
If you've been affected by COVID-19 and need assistance, please call us at (800) 324-5328, to learn how we might help.
We partner with Balance Financial to offer our members great financial resources for times like this. In addition to several online resources, they also provide one-on-one financial counselors who are ready to assist you. Check out all the resources provided by Balance here.
We can also provide special assistance with the programs below, but please contact us first so we can work with you to determine the best option for your situation.
- Emergency Assistance Line of Credit - This loan offers a 0% introductory rate for the first 6 months with credit limits up to $5,000. Credit qualifying required, additional terms and conditions apply.
Contact us today for assistance at (800) 324-5328
Online and mobile banking services
We also want to take this time to remind you of our online and mobile banking services. Online and mobile banking is safe and offers many convenient services members often request when visiting our branches.
With Eagle online and mobile banking you'll be able to:
- Send us secure messages inquiring about your account
- Access your accounts
- See transactions, balances and important details like account and routing numbers
- Pay Bills
- Deposit Checks
- Make payments
- Transfer funds within your accounts
- Send money to others with Eagle Priority Pay
- Update your personal details
Learn more about Eagle online and mobile banking:
Best practices to help reduce your risk:
Eagle has proactively communicated to staff the following practices to ensure we are doing everything we can to maintain a safe and healthy workplace. All staff are expected to follow these practices and we would appreciate our members take these similar precautionary steps:
- If you do not feel well, please stay home and contact your physician.
- Wash hands often with warm water and soap for at least 20 seconds.
- Use hand sanitizer if soap and water is unavailable.
- Wash hands thoroughly at your first opportunity.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose or mouth.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Maintain a personal space and avoid shaking hands or unnecessary contact with others.
- Avoid the sharing of phones or other electronic devices when possible.
- Avoid large public gatherings, airports, cruises or other forms of public transportation unless necessary.
- Cough or sneeze into a bent elbow or tissue and not a hand.
- Throw used tissue in the trash and wash your hands after either event.
- Consider using a paper towel or tissue to open common area doors, wherever possible.
- Avoid activities that may compromise your immune system.
Beware of Coronavirus Scams
With the increase of Coronavirus communication from known business and government agencies, please be aware of the potential for fraudsters using this form of “emergency” communication as an attempt to gain access to your personal data. Here is a list of current resources to keep you up-to-date on the latest fraud attempts using Coronavirus.
Eagle's Blog https://www.eaglecu.org/blog
World Health Organization https://www.who.int/about/communications/cyber-security
Security Blogger Brian Krebs https://krebsonsecurity.com/2020/03/live-coronavirus-map-used-to-spread-malware/
Federal Trade Commission https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/features/scam-alerts
Better Business Bureau (BBB): https://www.bbb.org/us/news/scams
Security reminder to keep your account secure
If we reach out to you, we WILL NOT ask for confidential information such as your name, online banking login or password, device registration codes, debit or credit card number, personal identification number (PIN) or other account information.
Please be aware fraudsters may attempt to use the Coronavirus COVID-19 news to perpetrate a fraud scam. Please review the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) website on current known scam activity.
Resources to keep yourself safe
Here are a few resources to review and stay current on latest Coronavirus (COVID-19) news:Go to main navigation