Dreaming up big goals is easy; it’s finding a way to achieve them that can sometimes feel impossible. Maybe you decided this is the year you kick that addiction, double your contributions to your retirement account or finally pull yourself out of debt. Whatever your big dreams may be, Marie Forleo’s new book Everything is Figureoutable will show you how to make them happen.
Forleo describes her mom as a woman with the tenacity of a bulldog and the language of a truck driver. The author’s chief philosophy, and the primary principle of her book, is centered on the wise words her mom shared with her, “Nothing in life is that complicated. You can do whatever you set your mind to if you just roll up your sleeves, get in there, and do it. Everything is figureoutable.”
Forleo’s book shows readers how to achieve any goal, whether they want to launch a business; get their finances under control; leave a dead-end job or learn how to tap dance. With her trademark blend of candor and wit, the award-winning TV host, entrepreneur and public speaker breaks through the barriers that hold us back and inspires readers with the overpowering message that they can achieve anything they dream up. All it takes, she claims, is retraining your brain for ultimate productivity and achievement.
Forleo draws on real-life anecdotes from guests on her podcast and show, MarieTV, to highlight the success rate of her theory. She also backs up her claims with academic research and surveys that are sprinkled throughout the book.
Everything is Figureoutable is a quick, engaging read that may just change your life. Readers will discover:
- A simple practice that can make you 42% more likely to achieve your goals.
- How to overcome a lack of time and money.
- What to do if you’re multi-passionate.
- How to handle criticism, haters and imposter syndrome.
- How to differentiate between fear and intuition.
- A fail-proof test to guide you in making the right decisions, especially in high-stakes situations.
One point of criticism readers have with Everything is Figureoutable is Forleo’s broad promise that her book and philosophy can help people move past any problem, including mental health issues. These readers claim that issues like depression, addiction and trauma, require the help of professionals trained in the mental health field. At the very least, they believe Marie should have made mention of seeking professional help under such circumstances, in addition to following her philosophy.
However, readers who enjoy mental equilibrium are finding the book to be incredibly inspiring and life-altering. As Forleo says about Everything is Figureoutable, “It’s more than just a fun phrase to say. It’s a philosophy of relentless optimism. A mindset. A mantra. A conviction. Most important, it’s about to make you unstoppable.”
Your Turn: Do you agree with Forleo’s premise that everything is truly figureoutable? Why, or why not? Share your thoughts with us in the comments.
« Return to "The Nest (Eagle's Blog)"
- Share on Facebook: Everything Is Figureoutable by Marie Forleo - Book Review
- Share on Twitter: Everything Is Figureoutable by Marie Forleo - Book Review
- Share on LinkedIn: Everything Is Figureoutable by Marie Forleo - Book Review
- Share on Pinterest: Everything Is Figureoutable by Marie Forleo - Book Review